Senior Mechanical Designer
POSITION: Senior Mechanical Designer
Location: Moncton NB
Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Senior Mechanical Designer to join our Moncton Office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop their professional career.
The coordination and delivery of the specifications and drawings to the client while ensuring accuracy and adhering to the project timeline. Responsible for the overall functionality of the production team.
- Implement the design concept through the preparation and production of drawings and schematics of mechanical systems for healthcare, hospitality, commercial, institutional, residential, public and private facilities
- Prepare the concept design and complete load calculations, schematics, equipment selection and system concept report
- Coordinate with other disciplines internally as well as externally with consultants and architects to ensure drawing integrity and completeness
- Prepare the contract documents including the specifications.
- Conduct site visits during the construction phase
- Work with the field review team during the construction phase and ensure code compliance.
- Work with project team and Project Manager to ensure on-time project completion
- Update the schedule regularly as agreed to for the project
- Evaluate shop drawing reviews
- Supervise and delegate design tasks to CAD Technicians
- Work with contractors and responding to technical inquiries
- Provide technical and administrative support through all phases of the project
- Help to establish and promote client relationships
- Coordinate with internal production teams
- Strive to ensure quality and timely delivery of finished products to clients.
- Attend site meetings and communicate directly with clients to complete the project from start to finish
- Escalate resource issues to the appropriate Project Manager
- Assist in sourcing new work and maintaining existing client base
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary education in Mechanical Engineering Technology or other relevant discipline such as Building Systems
- A minimum of 8-10 years relevant working experience
- Background developing construction documents using AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Familiar with bid and tendering process
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint
- Experience in multi-disciplined project coordination and management
- Experience working with customers and client base
- Experience working in a team based environment
- Experience in site investigations and construction review
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Require comprehensive knowledge of current engineering principles and practices, complemented with a strong knowledge of project management concepts and practices
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT would be an asset
- Experience conducting site visits would be an asset.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables
- Ability to communicate and work well with other departments
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-engineer team members in a clear manner
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization, including executives
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Knowledge of Canadian/American Engineering standards
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented
- Team and customer service-focused
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible
MCW offers competitive salaries, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits.We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW.
Interested applicants please send your application to:
http://www.mcw.com/Careers/Details/Senior Mechanical Designer@Moncton
include the position title in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.