Senior Electrical Designer
JOB TITLE Senior Electrical Designer
Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Senior Electrical Designer to join our Winnipeg office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop their professional career.
Position: Senior Electrical Designer
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Description: As a Senior Electrical Designer, you will be involved in the design, documentation and project management of construction projects throughout the various sectors of work in which MCW operates including education, institutional, recreational, multi-family residential, commercial, industrial and health care spaces. Your position will play a key role in the delivery of successful projects from the Winnipeg office and will require strong leadership, collaboration and communication skills. In addition to engineering design, you will be called upon to contribute to proposals, resource planning, quality assurance and technical review of many projects within the MCW Group of Companies.
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Electrical design of building systems including lighting, power distribution, life safety, standby power, fire alarm, electronic safety and security and communications systems.
- Using Revit and AutoCAD to create and design construction documentation for healthcare, hospitality, commercial and institutional projects; either in a design-draft environment or in collaboration with production staff and junior designers
- Coordinating with other consulting disciplines to ensure drawing integrity and completeness
- Working with project team and Project Manager to ensure on-time project completion
- Reviewing architectural, interior designs and structural drawings
- Working with contractors and responding to technical inquiries
- Providing technical and administrative support through all phases of the project
- Helping to establish and promote client relationships
- Coordinating with internal production teams
- Striving to ensure quality and timely delivery of finished products to clients.
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Electrical Engineering or College Diploma in Engineering Technology with specialization in electrical systems.
- Minimum 10+ years’ work experience in designing building electrical systems
- Strong knowledge of Canadian Electrical Codes and National Codes of Canada.
- Working knowledge of developing construction documents using Revit and AutoCAD. Proficiency in both of these software packages is an asset.
- Familiar with bid and tendering process
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint
- Experience working with customers and client base
- Experience working independent and in a team based environment
- Experience in site investigations and construction review.
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables.
- Proven project management and leadership skills to lead small teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate and work well with other departments.
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented.
- Team and customer service-focused.
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible.
Interested applicants please apply directly on company website or send your application to email@example.com including the position title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.