Junior Electrical Designer
JOB TITLE Junior Electrical Designer
Since 1964, MCW has grown and built a solid reputation for delivering professional consulting engineering services. Over this time, we have developed into an award winning multi-disciplinary consulting group of companies. MCW designs buildings in collaboration with our clients of architects and developers, which incorporate energy efficient systems to deliver light, heat, cooling and power while minimizing carbon footprints. MCW designs voice and data systems that connect people within buildings and companies across the globe. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the enriched environments valued by our clients and their clients to work, educate, heal, live and play. The rich and diverse portfolio of MCW projects represent the hard work and dedication of the staff in each of the MCW offices from coast to coast. For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking graduate Electrical Designer to join our Calgary office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to start, grow and develop their professional career.
Position: Junior Electrical Designer
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Using Revit and AutoCAD to create and design construction documentation for healthcare, hospitality, commercial and institutional projects.
- Coordinating with other consulting disciplines to ensure drawing integrity and completeness.
- Working with project team and Project Manager to ensure on-time project completion.
- Reviewing architectural, interior designs and structural drawings.
- Working with contractors and responding to technical inquiries.
- Experience with field review and site inspections.
- Providing technical and administrative support through all phases of the project.
- Helping to establish and promote client relationships.
- Coordinating with internal production teams.
- Striving to ensure quality and timely delivery of finished products to clients.
- Overtime as required.
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related field such as Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology or Building Systems Technology.
- 0-1+ years of relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with BIM is considered a significant asset.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools including Excel and Word.
- Experience working with customers and client base.
- Experience working in a collaborative team based environment.
- Experience in site investigations and construction review is considered an asset but not a requirement.
- Able to visualize and maneuver in a virtually constructed environment.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables.
- Highly effectively communication skills both verbally and in writing in order to relay complex ideas to other technical professionals and non-technical people.
- High creativity and imagination.
- Team and customer service focused.
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible.
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Analytical Thinking – Analyzing and synthesizing complex situations and information to understand issues identify options and support sound decision-making
- Attention to Detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner
- Client Focus – Provides added value through service excellence to internal and/or external clients
- Continuous Learning – Identifying and addressing learning and developmental needs to enhance own performance
- Decision Making – Making decisions involving varied levels of risk and ambiguity
- Information Gathering and Processing – Locating and collecting data from appropriate sources and analyzing it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information
- Problem Solving – Identifying problems and the solutions to them
- Resilience – Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands
- Results Management – Organizes time, work and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effect and efficient way
- Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals
Interested applicants, please send your application to email@example.com including the position title and “Calgary” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is committed to equality and is an equal opportunity employer.
MCW welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.