Intermediate Electrical Technologist
MCW Group is a leader in the delivery of professional consulting engineering, energy management, and engineering development services across Canada. With over five decades of industry-leading engineering expertise, our goal as a firm is to permanently reduce our clients’ environmental footprint through sustainable, cost-effective design solutions. This commitment has resulted in the creation of the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm – something we are incredibly proud of!
For more information on MCW, please visit our website at www.mcw.com.
- The opportunity to work on significant, innovative, and sustainable projects
- Career development opportunities, including mentorship and training
- Collaboration with team members across Canada
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- RRSP matching
- Professional fees covered
- Hybrid work environment
- Summer Super Long Weekends
We are currently looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic Intermediate Electrical Technologist to join our Calgary office. The successful candidate will be a self-starter requiring minimal assistance and can work well both individually and as a team. Having exceptional organizational skills, and be responsible in the success of time management and meeting deadlines. Have high standards and attention to detail. The candidate enjoys challenges. This position will require you to liaison with various clients and therefore communication is of the utmost importance.
What you will get up to:
Working closely with the Project Lead and the design team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Developing sustainable electrical designs
- Project management
- Scheduling and Time Management
- Coordination with other disciplines
- Internal/external design meetings
- Electrical drawing details
- Project specifications
- Assist in arc flash, fault, and coordination studies
- Design coordination
- Quality control
- Construction Administration
What we are looking for:
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Electrical Engineering Degree or Certified Electrical Technologist Diploma
- 5-10 years experience in Electrical Engineering Consulting
- Knowledge and experience with ETAP (Power Studies)
- Knowledge and experience with AutoCAD and Revit considered an asset
- BIM/Revit experience would be an asset.
- AGI32, Visual experience would be an asset.
- Excellent organizational, computer, and communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Registered or ability to become registered with APEGA
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff, management, and stakeholders
- Knowledge of Canadian Engineering standards
- Strong knowledge of building envelope, mechanical, HVAC and electrical building systems, energy markets, alternative energy technology, energy project implementation, and the building construction process.
- Power distribution design
- Power Studies
- High and low voltage design
- Motor control design
- Emergency backup power generation
- Uninterruptable power system design
- Lighting design and lighting control
- Lighting calculations utilizing AGI32 or Visual
- Communication and infrastructure design
- Fire alarm design
- Sustainable Design – LEED/WELL/Net Zero
- Knowledge in Security and A/V systems is an asset
- Building and Infrastructure evaluation
Interested applicants please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Intermediate Electrical Technologist – Calgary” in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies celebrates diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage all applicants regardless of sexual identity, gender, religion, ethnicity, disability, age, and race.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.