Electrical Design Technologist
JOB TITLE Electrical Design Technologist
Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Electrical Design Technologist to join our Winnipeg office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop their professional career.
Position: Electrical Design Technologist
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Description: An Electrical Design Technologist will be involved in the design and documentation of construction projects throughout the various sectors of work in which MCW operates including education, institutional, recreational, multi-family residential, commercial, industrial and health care spaces. Using AutoCAD and Revit software to create detailed and comprehensive drawing and 3D modelling packages, a design technologist plays a key role in the execution of all projects completed by MCW.
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Using AutoCAD and Revit software to create and design construction documentation and 3D models for healthcare, hospitality, commercial and institutional projects.
- Schedule and coordinate production activities
- Estimate design level of effort, meet milestone schedule deliverables
- Review other discipline drawings (structural, architectural, landscape, civil-external) for coordination and constructability with electrical design work.
- Complete the required mechanical and electrical coordination
- Coordinate and reconcile project drawings
- Work with project team and Project Manager to ensure quality and timely delivery of finished product to clients.
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Electrical Engineering or College Diploma in Engineering Technology with specialization in electrical systems.
- Engineering Design Drafting Post secondary Education or College Diploma in Engineering Technology with specialization in electrical multi-detail systems.
- Minimum 3+ years’ work experience in designing electrical systems using Revit and AutoCAD
- Proficiency in developing construction documents using Revit and AutoCAD.
- Familiar with the flow of information between clients, consultants and contractors.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint
- Experience working with customers and client base
- Experience working independent and in a team based environment
- Experience in site investigations and construction review.
- An Individual in Canada on a work permit will be considered
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate and work well with other departments including collaborating in both small and large teams.
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented.
- Team and customer service-focused
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible.
Interested applicants please apply directly on company website or send your application to email@example.com including the position title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.