Electrical Construction Administrator
JOB TITLE Electrical Construction Administrator
Electrical Construction Administrator
Since 1964, the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Position: Electrical Construction Administrator
Objective: Maintains respectful, effective and efficient relationships with internal stakeholders and at job site meetings with Developers, Clients, Architects, General Contractors, Sub Trades and Suppliers. Ensures the quality of materials and workmanship meet or exceed standards identified in specifications and construction drawings. Attends site meetings and provides feedback and reports to the appropriate key players involved.
Location: Toronto, ON
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Attend site meetings
- Serve as main point of contact for the builder for any project-related questions/requests
- Understand project specifications and objectives
- Proactively identify potential issues
- Report on milestone dates and deliverables
- Respond to field issues and questions with engineering and other resources as required
- Investigate claims promptly and resolve them fairly
- Proactive approach to change orders
- Support and engage in a collaborative work environment
- Liaise with Architect, Client, Contractor, Owner, Specialty Consultants, Project Manager, Job Captain and Project Engineer
- Complete time critical reports including Request for Information, Contemplated Revisions, Change Orders, Field Review, Pricing Review, Progress Claim Review
- Issue and sign off on Site Deficiency Reports, verify and accept As Built Drawings and Operational and Maintenance Manuals and ensure all required information has been received prior to issuance of Closing Letters
- Provide customer service levels that meet or exceed customers' expectations
- Actively work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Overtime as required
Education & Experience:
- Educational or trade background in electrical design
- Design background in building technology is a definite asset
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in building General Reviews
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables
- Ability to communicate and work well with other departments
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team and client-focused
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible
- Candidates must have a good working knowledge of current construction practices, including working drawing production and construction reviews, as well as specifications, contracts and consultant agreements.
- Experience and knowledge of building lighting, power and systems is a must
- Mechanical expertise in HVAC, plumbing, drainage and fire protection systems is an asset
- AutoCAD and REVIT drawing review experience
- Experience with Microsoft Suite tools (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
Must have a vehicle and valid driver’s license for the province of Ontario
In order to be successful in this position, the incumbent will be expected to possess the following competencies:
Attention to Detail: Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner to demonstrate concern for thoroughness and accuracy
Client Focus: Providing service excellence and added value to internal and/or external clients
Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and the solutions to them
Self-Confidence: Demonstrating realistic trust in own abilities and remains confident when challenged
Teamwork: Working collaboratively and proactively with others to achieve organizational goals
Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise to enhance organizational performance
Results Management: Organizes time, work and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effective and efficient way
Interactive Communication: Listening and adapting to others and communicating articulately, fostering open communication
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.