Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator
Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator to join our team!
Position: Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Thunder Bay or Winnipeg
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Proactively scan the market for best practices and trends in diversity and inclusion.
- Have a working knowledge of current and emerging legislative, the Canadian and Provincial regulatory regime, legal, socio-cultural, and political issues, and use that knowledge to guide, contribute and develop Regional strategic business plans and operational procedures.
- Collaborate with regional client representatives to implement the national Indigenous Relations framework created by the CCAB that includes PAR outcomes and guidance to develop regional specific Indigenous Relations business plans.
- Implement the business plans that identify and foster positive business relationships with key Indigenous communities and organizations across the country to a successful award and project.
- Maintain, build and nurture positive business relationships with key communities and their leadership and businesses to continuously strategize and explore potential opportunities for business collaboration.
- Represent MCW as appropriate industry and community functions and meetings to build and maintain positive business relationships.
- Provide ongoing support and advice on diversity and inclusion engagement and issues management this may include:
• Leading or participating in client meetings to promote the MCW strategy
• Identifying, tracking, and monitoring issues, concerns, and interests
• Developing solutions and strategies to address those issues, as appropriate
- Develop and implement internal Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity/Informational Training Programs that includes training modules and subject specific sessions, lunch and learns, coaching and mentoring staff on a Regional basis.
- Build the ongoing communication strategy along with our Marketing team to build awareness around and celebrate days of significance.
- Work with the HR team to prioritize and progress operational improvements that facilitate broader inclusion and engagement
- Partner with the HR team to build insightful reporting to measure and track our progress. You will also need to leverage those insights to help share our story with our people, clients and community.
- Coordinate with proposal and marketing to develop and maintain consistent content in diversity and inclusion participation, procurement and socioeconomic plans that are included in submissions and proposals to clients.
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- A minimum of 3-5 years related job experience with diversity and inclusion focus
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage, inspire and influence the mindset of others.
- Exceptional understanding of change management principles with proven, practical application.
- Demonstrated knowledge of diversity and inclusion leading practices, policies, processes and evaluation tools.
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships built upon trust and respect.
- Self-starter, taking initiative and responsibility for decisions.
- Strong practical knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Experience in training and development.
- Proven track record with leading initiatives from conceptualization to implementation.
- Verbal Cree, Ojibway and Inuktitut is an asset.
Interested applicants please send your application to email@example.com including the position title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.