The MCW Group of Companies has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. The systems designed by the company are built to deliver energy in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than a decade and a half MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking self-motivated, hardworking mechanical engineering coop students to join our Toronto office. Located just minutes from Union Station, this is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop their professional career in the consulting industry. The ideal candidate takes initiative, is interested in pursuing a career in engineering consulting and is willing to take on responsibility as his/her experience progresses.
Position: Mechanical Engineering Student
- Student will be working for MCW Consultants on more of the design aspects of engineering (Mechanical majors are preferred for this role)
Duration: 4 month work term with strong potential for an 8 month duration
Start Date: January 2014
Wage: Hourly based upon skills and experience
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with the design of mechanical HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems in commercial, institutional, residential, public and private facilities
- Assist Engineers and Designers with the preparation of technical drawings
- Operate computer-assisted design (CAD) and drafting workstations
- Assist in the gathering and analysis of information pertaining to energy usage and savings
- Participate in site visits.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Currently pursuing undergraduate studies in Engineering, preferably Mechanical
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or REVIT an asset.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools and applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Desire to work in a team based environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
Interested applicants please send your application to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.