The MCW Group of Companies has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. The systems designed by the company are built to deliver energy in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than a decade and a half MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking individual to join our Toronto office. Located just minutes from Union Station, this is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop their professional career in the sustainability industry. The ideal candidate takes initiative, is interested in pursuing a career in green building services and is willing to take on responsibility as his/her experience progresses.
Position: Sustainability Consultant
Objective: The incumbent will be a key member of the Sustainable Design Services Department, reporting to the Manager. The successful candidate will provide LEED project management for new and existing buildings, as well as commercial fit-outs.
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Management and delivery of LEED coordination for New Construction, Existing Buildings and Commercial Interiors projects
- Review of the building design documents to determine the feasibility for projects to achieve various LEED credits, preparation of LEED assessment reports. Monitor field work to ensure that all measures, plans, processes are being followed on site and are in accordance with the requirements of the LEED
- Work with internal and external stakeholders on creative sustainable design solutions for LEED projects
- Attend client facing project meetings
- Provide technical support and feedback to clients during project design and construction
- Prepare green building-related reports and presentations
- Overtime as required.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Architecture, or related degree.
- 3-5 years experience in work relating to green buildings and the sustainability industry.
- LEED AP is required.
- Professional Engineer License (P. Eng) or working towards certification
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) an asset.
- Experience working in a consulting environment or in a field complimentary to green buildings or energy management is required
- Experience working directly with clients. Possess the ability to build long lasting relationships with clients and other key players.
- The ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Experience working in a team based environment with a deadline oriented culture
- Experience with energy and daylight is an asset
- Experience with thermal modeling of the building envelope is an asset
- A self-starter with the ability to produce and implement creative and innovative solutions.
- Detail oriented and capability for strategic thinking.
- A detailed understanding of LEED and its application in new buildings and existing buildings as well as commercial fit outs
- Should have a strong understanding of mechanical and electrical building systems, energy systems and energy project implementation
- Should have an understanding of building science principles
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite
- Good foundation of HVAC design and experience in controls and commissioning would be an asset
- Graphics/presentation experience would be beneficial
In order to be successful in this position, the incumbent will be expected to possess the following competencies:
Creativity and Innovation- Generating viable, new approaches and solutions.
Attention to Detail- Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner
Client Focus- Providing service excellence to internal and/or external clients
Continuous Learning- Identifying and addressing learning and development needs to enhance own performance
Analytical Thinking- Analyzing and synthesizing information to understand issues, identify options, and support sound decision making.
Initiative- Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that aris
Interactive Communication- Listening to others and communicating articulately, fostering open communication
Problem Solving-Identifying problems and the solutions to them
Writing Skills - Ability to communicate ideas and information in writing to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact.
Resilience- Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous work demands
Interested applicants please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including the position title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.