Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking intermediate level Electrical Designer to join our Winnipeg office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop their professional career in the consulting industry.
Position: Electrical Designer
Objective of the Position: The incumbent is responsible for the design of electrical systems for commercial, residential and institutional buildings.
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this job include but are not limited to the following:
- Implement the design concept of building electrical systems including power distribution, lighting, life safety systems and building communications through the preparation and production of drawings and schematics for commercial, institutional, residential, public and private facilities
- Schedule and coordinate production activities
- Estimate design level of effort, meet milestone schedule deliverables etc.
- Harmonize the process and information received from architects, structural engineers and other sub-consultants.
- Review other discipline drawings (structural, architectural, landscape, civil-external)
- Complete the required mechanical and electrical coordination
- Coordinate and reconcile project drawings
- Work with project team and Project Manager to ensure quality and timely delivery of finished product to clients
Experience & Requirements:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- University Degree or College Diploma in Electrical Engineering or other relevant discipline such as Building Systems
- P. Eng. or CET certifications would be an asset
- Background developing construction documents using AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Familiar with bid and tendering process
- Knowledge of detailed architectural drawings and construction concepts
- Experience working with customers and client base
- Experience working in a team based environment
- Experience in site investigations and construction review.
- Working knowledge of Revit is an asset
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian/Manitoba and other relevant codes and standards
- Design experience in any or all of the following areas Lighting, Data Communications and Security systems
Expected Competencies: In order to be successful in this position, the incumbent will be expected to possess the following competencies:
Analytical Thinking- Analyzing and synthesizing complex situations and information to understand issues, identify options, and support sound decision making.
Attention to Detail- Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner.
Client Focus- Provides added value through service excellence to internal and/or external clients
Continuous Learning- Identifying and addressing learning and developmental needs to enhance own performance.
Decision Making- Making decisions involving varied levels of risk and ambiguity
Information Gathering and Processing- Locating and collecting data from appropriate sources and analyzing it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information
Problem Solving- Identifying problems and the solutions to them
Resilience- Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands. Adapts to ongoing, or regular strenuous work demands
Results Management- Organizes time, work and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effective and efficient way
Teamwork- Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals. Proactively assists and involves others
Interested applicants please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com including the position title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.