Through our AGE Power Consultants division we specialize in providing transmission and distribution substation and line design together with Project Management services for the utility, industrial, commercial and institutional market places.
Our Winnipeg office is currently seeking a career minded individual to fill the following position. This position will appeal to individuals who are engineers with experience in the utility sector.
The Transmission & Distribution Station Designer/Engineer is responsible for the completion of customer-driven station designs including protection and control, SCADA, communication, equipment specifications and bills of material, station layouts and grounding designs. The designer is expected to deliver accurate single line diagrams, three-line diagrams, AC and DC schematics and cable and wire schedules. All designs must meet utility and company standards and be consistent with good engineering and construction practices
Qualifications, Experience and Education
• Ten years minimum design experience in the electrical utility sector
• Experience leading and directing other technical staff members
• Experience with Microsoft Office tools
• Familiarity with AutoCAD
• Engineering degree and registration as a professional engineer.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Proven ability to meet deadlines and successfully bring assignments to completion
• Ability to communicate and work well with clients and other departments
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented
• Team and customer service-focused
• Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible.
Please apply online or by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.