Mechanical Process Systems & Facilities Utilities Engineer
The MCW Group of Companies has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. The systems designed by the company are built to deliver energy in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than a decade and a half MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
Our Company is currently seeking an experienced, self-motivated, hardworking individual to join our Toronto office. Located just minutes from Union Station, this challenging and rewarding leadership opportunity allows for an Engineering Professional to further develop their skills within a team based, reputable engineering consultancy.
Position: Full Time Mechanical Process Systems & Facilities Utilities Engineer
Location: Downtown Toronto
- Oversee design of mechanical HVAC, plumbing and fire protection in residential (high-rise), commercial and industrial building applications.
- Provide leadership to team members with respect to evaluating and completing feasibility studies of client’s designs including determination of cost.
- Responsibility of ensuring the successful completion of project deliverables and representing MCW with client group and working diligently to ensure that clients’ expectations are met.
- Analysis of customer design proposals and specifications to determine cost effective solutions.
- Ensuring professional quality services in all facets of work.
- Preparing reports, proposals and technical drawings for partners group and clients.
- Mentor technical staff; assigning duties as required.
- Analysis of complex engineering issues and problems. Implementation of timely solutions.
- Supporting other departments in growing the business
Qualifications, Experience and Education
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineering Designation (P.Eng.)
- 10+ years relevant working experience in an engineering consultancy is preferred.
- Experience with large centralized chilled water systems, steam, and high pressure systems (i.e. Cogen experience).
- Experience with thermal storage systems an asset
- Project Management Experience an asset
- LEED Certification an asset
- Familiarity with AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with customers and client base.
- Experience working in a team based environment.
- Experience leading and directing other technical staff members.
- Experience in site investigations and construction review.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables.
- Ability to communicate and work well with other departments.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented.
- Team and customer service-focused.
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com.
Interested applicants please apply on-line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.