Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services.
The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
For further Information please check out our website: www.mcw.com
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Mechanical Technologist to join our Truro, NS office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and develop their professional career.
Position: Mechanical Technologist
Location: Truro, NS
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and/or aid in the preparation of construction drawings as required by Project Engineer(s), Designer(s), & Senior Technologists.
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to corporate CAD standards and good drafting practices. Ensure the documents is clear and ‘buildable’.
- Utilize modern computer-assisted design (CAD) and modeling software for maximum quality and efficiency of producing construction documents. This includes all stages including concept through tender, addendum sketches, and as-built records.
- Process/prepare received documents for internal use (i.e. Clean-up of Architectural floor plans, sections in accordance with established procedures).
- Utilize Adobe Bluebeam (PDF) to produce working and final documents.
- Utilize other software such as MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Consistently follow company policies, procedures and file structures/format.
- Perform general duties as required such as printing/plotting/scanning/conversion/quantity take-offs/measurement.
- All duties to be performed accurately and efficiently in order to deliver quality product/service on schedule.
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- The position requires the incumbent to have competence with a variety of computer software including high proficiency with AutoCAD; experience with Revit (BIM) is an asset.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Understanding of building systems, interference coordination with other building elements, function, and 3D visualization is considered as an asset
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge would be an asset.
- Ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables.
- Ability to communicate and work well with other departments.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure on single/multiple tasks.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team and client-focused.
- Completion of a two or three year college program in Drafting and/or Engineering Design OR the ability to demonstrate sufficient knowledge received from previous work experience in a similar position is required
- Achievement Orientation - Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results to help others meet and exceed the organization’s standards.
- Attention to Detail - Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner in order to recognize less obvious information.
- Teamwork - Working collaboratively with others to foster teamwork and achieve organizational goals.
- Using Information Technology - Using software and information technology to demonstrate basic knowledge and ability, and with guidance, can apply the competency in common situations that present limited difficulties to accomplish one's work.
- Resilience - Remains energized and focused in the face of occasional ambiguity, change or strenuous work demands.
- Planning and Organizing- Developing, implementing, evaluating and adjusting own plans and activities to reach goals, while ensuring the optimal use of resources.
- Initiative - Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently by identifying the immediate action needed and seizing the opportunities that arise.
- Information Management - Demonstrates basic knowledge and ability and, with guidance uses appropriate procedures to collect, organize, retrieve, maintain and disseminate information in common situations that present limited difficulties.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Analytical Thinking – Analyzing and synthesizing complex situations and information to understand issues identify options and support sound decision making.
- Attention to Detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner.
- Client Focus – Provides added value through service excellence to internal and/or external clients.
- Continuous Learning – Identifying and addressing learning and developmental needs to enhance own performance.
- Decision Making – Making decisions involving varied levels of risk and ambiguity.
- Information Gathering and Processing – Locating and collecting data from appropriate sources and analyzing it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information.
- Problem Solving – Identifying problems and the solutions to them.
- Resilience – Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Results Management – Organizes time, work and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effect and efficient way.
- Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goal
Interested applicants please email your application to email@example.com include the position title in the subject line.We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer
Submit Your Resume
MCW offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits. We appreciate the opportunity to review your resume and your interest in MCW. We maintain a copy of your resume on file for a period of six months in the event a suitable opportunity should arise. Please continue to check back on MCW's Career Page for upcoming and exciting job opportunities.
*denotes required field
Thank you for submitting your resume.